Juzek basses are legendary, and now you can own a brand new Juzek in 1/2 size! We have a new 400H model outfit, featuring:
- Fully carved 1/2 size bass with spruce top and maple back and ribs
- Nicely figured grain
- Traditional varnish in the nut-brown tone that Juzek basses are known for
- Inlaid purfling
- Genuine ebony fingerboard - most currently available ebony has color variations, but yes! It's ebony!
- Brass plate tuning machines
- Very well set up
- Adjustable Despiau brand French maple bridges so you can set the string height to your preference
- Adjustable, heavy duty steel endpin with rubber stopper
- Supplied strings are D'Addario Prelude, suitable for arco or pizz playing, with a nice resonance.
- Basic padded bag with bow pocket, music pocket, accessory pocket, carry handles, and backpack straps
- A nice brazilwood French bow
- This current model is made in China for the John Juzek label
- Dimensions: Lower bout 24"; upper bout 19 1/4", body length 40"; string length 38"
Please note that double bass purchases are for local pickup only at this time. The shipping service we used for ground transport for many years has discontinued cargo shipping. Please ensure you have the ability to pick up your instrument by appointment in the Houston area before purchasing. Please don't be that person who concludes the purchase and then emails saying you "figured we have some way to get it to you" and "figured shipping was included since there was no shipping added at checkout."