This huge-sounding and handsome 3/4 size Christopher DB204 busetto bass would be in excellent condition but for a repair to the peg box. Look closely at the G string side of the scroll in the photos, and see the carbon-fiber rod inserted to reinforce the repair. The peg box was damaged in the initial shipment to us when the bass was brand new. We glued and reinforced it. It's a permanent repair and does not affect the playability, stability, or sound. The bass is approximately 4 years old and has been very well cared for. Well set up, full featured, and overall an extremely nice bass with an enormous sound!
We are including shipping via Greyhound Package Express to your local station (within the continental US) in the price! If you can pick up the bass at our location, contact us and we will discount the bass to $999.00 + tax.
- Adjustable maple bridge
- Nicely figured maple veneer on the back and ribs
- Individual brass tuning machines
- Adjustable endpin with removable crutch tip
- Laminate (aka plywood) construction
- Good padded bag/case
- Eurosonic strings have punch and resonance
- Suitable for arco or pizz playing
- Genuine ebony fingerboard
- Completely solid repair to the peg box; no other damage or repairs apart from a very few, minor varnish dings
- Ships very well packed in a dedicated double bass shipping box
- Includes detailed condition report prior to shipment
- Sold AS-IS; not returnable for refund. We provide an accurate representation and photos, and are happy to answer all questions in advance of you making the purchase decision.
- Ships with the bridge off; you may need to have the sound post reset if it has moved during shipment. When the bridge is off, strings will coil erratically inside the peg box, and you'll want to tidy them when you reset the bridge.
- Ships via Greyhound Package Express to the Greyhound station nearest you.
- You'll need to pick it up at the station
- Shipping can be slow
- Your purchase is your agreement to interface exclusively with the contracted shipping service (Greyhound) re all transit issues once your item ships. Much as we would love to, we can not access more information, or influence Greyhound to expedite your item. Contacting us rather than Greyhound directly only delays getting you information.
We are liquidating it for approximately half the average price of a new one. As our other deep-discounted one of a kind inventory reduction specials, this bass is being sold AS-IS.
We are including shipping via Greyhound Package Express to the nearest Greyhound station to you. Delivery to residential addresses is not offered from many Greyhound stations, so we can't include it in the offer.